Monday, September 24, 2012

Epic Fail... and other such nonsense

So I was supposed to do a 30-day photo challenge, forcing myself to go out and shoot.  
Obviously, that did not work as a month has gone by and I've only had one photo.  

Does this mean that I need to slow down my schedule?  Maybe.  Or just slow down enough to smell the roses...  or to photograph them.  What kills me is that I will go through an entire day watching photographs go by.  Most of the time I'm in the car, which can be a bit dangerous since I'm usually driving.  But do I stop?  No.  Why?  Because I'm usually driving somewhere that has a specific time in mind for me to arrive.  

In speaking with others in my field, it seems to be a common occupational hazard, this lack of time to be the artists we started out as.  Instead we have to grow up and become the business person we have to be in order to make a living doing what we love.  

But this is no excuse.  Naturally, our creativity will pounce on our clients like a hungry jungle cat.  It's what we do, we are creative people in a creative industry.  But there is something about the freedom of shooting for ourselves.  

I'll have to stop my venting there as my oldest has a presentation due tomorrow that she needs to finish and I still have other projects I'm working on that is in need of my attention.

I did photograph one more photo (and will continue to do so at my own speed, which I will try to pick up for my own sanity).  
This one was for "Simplicity"

Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment