Monday, March 5, 2012

Springtime in Paris

So this weekend brought all of our hard work together for our Springtime in Paris Fashion Show event.


Robert & Rebecca Fyfe, their daughter Kaylor and Mayor Pauline Roccucci


My family and I (with my mother taking point) organized a benefit event for Zafia's Family House,a non-profit organization started by Robert and Rebecca Fyfe in honor of their daughter, Zafia, who lost her battle with cancer at the age of 14.  My mom became part of the organization's fundraising committee.  She has known Rebecca for a long time and met Zafia before her passing.  So when she told me she was going to put on a benefit fashion show, I knew I would be helping her.  So I changed hats and became a co-event coordinator.  


My mom and dad introducing the Fyfe's and the Mayor of Roseville.

The Fyfe's youngest daughter was able to be a part of the event as a model in the show!
Yup, that's me.  Waving at the camera as I organized 30 models, 6 designers, 10 hair stylists, 10 MUA's and played 'What Else Can Sonia Do?'.  It was fun :)

Nina Brown Samuels of Brownskin Designs, with her models.







I didn't get to take any photos, which was strange for me but I felt good with the outcome of the event.


Our volunteer list included friends of Zafia, local designers and boutiques, models and local artists.  Makup Artists, hair stylists and local vendors.  We were even able to get students of Oakmont and Roseville High Schools involved.  The support we received was amazing!


We could learn a lot from Zafia and her family.  In her fight, Zafia showed strength and a need to help others.  Her spirit was never broken by the disease or the trials her body went through during treatment.  She was, and still is, an inspiration for those who knew her and are getting to know her through the hard work and dedication of her parents.  Zafia herself was an amazing young woman and the world has certainly lost someone special.  In her last blog post, she showed wisdom and grace not common in a girl her age.  But she has planted a seed in this world that will live on for her.


Being a part of this event was very special and I wish the Fyfe's and their cause great success.  


If you would like to read Zafia's story and her last blog post, you can read it here:


http://www.zafiasfamilyhouse.org/prd/WhoWeAre/zafias_story.php

There is also more pictures on my fan page, which will continue growing as I receive more pictures:

www.facebook.com/soniahidalgophotography






No comments:

Post a Comment